Sunday, August 29, 2010

NorthBySundown_mixdown.mp3










increasing with every step
Im enjoying the wind
rattling the teeth in my head
This walk unnerves me in the way
sanitation occludes the virus
the passon of the work

suck me in!
Pull me down
bathe me in the light of the nation
turn me into the following

Never a moment of discrace
a withering chill of the
trees falling leaves
but the seemingly unending support

ill want to know this
in a biblical way
calling from the heavens I am home

all these barriacade keep slowing me down
im pushing and pushing and finding Im trapped
other than a door opening from the other side
I cannot see this as a possiblity
but your hand will guide me in
guide me in
guide me in


Outside the fence
watching the world drift on beyond me
alight on the horizon
keeps my heart beating
its the sky
beating with a drum of color
vapor setting fire to the darkness

The closing
down
of history
when I am done
you are lost
You will have wanted me
you could have owned me
I gave my heart to you in all my ways
but you turned your back
favoring the paper work
im on my way home

another one to add to the list of fallen souls
this chilling air only freezes now
but ill cut the stars apart
and shine the light down on you this time
to grill the favor from you
and set my back straight against the walls

tempting isnt it to have such a thought
to hold in your hands something so delicate
but suseptiable to the whims of the world
Im holding my skills
and they are rotting in my clenching hands
I cannot control the destruction
of the things I love
but you hold the key
to support
to cherish
to free me from holding these coals
hold my ashes for me

No comments:

Post a Comment