Sunday, August 15, 2010

Mindful of the break

For the Audio broadcast of the text below, please click this button!











Greetings fellow lovers of music!

We had a short break due to some silliness with viruses on the internet. My computer got hijacked and beat up pretty badly. Browsing for hard drives none the less! My virus protection did only so much. But it snuck in through a Sun Java hole. It ate up my hard drive and corrupted my windows system. So... I could not keep the computer on for more than 10 minutes. Then poof!

Any way, so that happened. Luckily I use a program called Dropbox which i SEVERELY recommend. It is how we work on music together to make all this stuff. It holds all your files in a cloud above the computer and stores it on their servers, and on any computer that your Dropbox is installed. Therefore, I kept 25gigs of our music safe. The other stuff, I need to recover safely some place other than my current computer.

Yes, yes, I should go to Mac, but to be quite honest, Mac is not yet ready to use the programs and interfaces I use for making music. As a matter of fact, the main program I use is only in beta on the Mac now.

So, virus aside, I could not work on anything on the internet. So I could not post any music since then. I guess the 27th of July. But I have not stopped working. This means, you may not even see this post on the main page of the site due to the large volume of music I am going to lay down on the site today. The iTunes podcast is going to get a HUGE update as well. Some of the music is vocal laden, one of them is an eighteen minute freestyle with no music from BadmanJ. I was thinking about posting them all starting today and giving a buffer, but I do not want an excuse to slack off and not be making music for a single day, so I am going to drown you in music now, and keep adding new stuff in the coming days.

The past weekend, due to a postponing of my near cross country trip to Wisconsin due to a work related schedule conflict, I spent some time in Lancaster with the boys and we cleaned up and made a few pretty awesome songs. Full lyrics, full band sound, and just a few little glitches but we are going to be practicing these things, and use them as live music with all of the group together so they are more like photographs of where we want to be. I know you will like them, as I am a big fan. Especially Justification. One of the only songs on the site with a chorus.

Well, I am off to do some serious programming to get everything a working. And remember all that stuff I was talking about near a month ago. It is coming together swimmingly. We will have some good news in the next two months. Come October, we will be ready for some good stuff, and something pretty huge I am hoping to have all worked out. How is that for mysterious. Bite your nails and drink coffee afraid to fall asleep in case you might miss it.

Ehk'olite out.

PS: I did not write down all the information in every song like I usually do for the past seventeen songs at least, so the information under above the song will be sparing, but if there are lyrics involved, they will be posted, so you guys on the iPods and iPhones will be able to read the lyrics with the song playing if you have iTunes Podcasts coming at you.

No comments:

Post a Comment