Tuesday, August 17, 2010

SafeBetsAreAlwaysWeighted_mixdown.mp3











As your bus and horizon
meet like a setting sun
im pulled by mystery
ready for the unknown

Im off now to follow my pathways
a foot map of arteries
tracing inside of a heart
always beating
internally of the world

guessing at the number of times
I have lost this bet
You know Im never content with the odds
but I am setting out
to draw the curtains

Ill hang the calander on the wall
and cut apart the days remaining
lease this oppertunity to gamble
and take away your return

Rerunning the tapes and glue
across each crack in the wall
pins in each paper
yarn between the drywall and cork
Like a spider building a web
im distilling
im distilling these numbers

drink it in
drink it in
drink it in
drink it in
im never resting until I get it right
glass after glass, and pill after pill
popping each of these images in my head
rightfully back into place

Your return breeds the inevitable
never understood
but who would understand
when you look
like a lovecraft appearsion
Having where to turn
what do you do now


Off the bus again
but you look like hell
For once I win
but this is a victory
Ill spend in silence
as my words will not do anyone any good
instead theyll fester inside

changing around to the next day
one more time to trace the letters
one more time to pace the mansion

still encased in the snow of the mountains
still encased in the shroud of my madness

No comments:

Post a Comment