Monday, July 26, 2010

The remedy! New white cells.

I welcomed to the world today a new band mate: a wonderful new white guitar!
Now I can make more music! So I put together a song called On Fire But Under.

I wanted to remind everyone that this is a sketch book of music. On the back burner we have a good thing a-growin. When it is ready you will be first to be aware! I have a lot of programming to do, and a lot of re-recording to do. But I am excited enough to be excited but not stop working on it due to excitement.

All the songs you are hearing (As a near milestone: we have posted nearly 200 songs just this year! And every day this month we have posted a near full song a day.) here are just demonstrations of the work we are doing. The team as we are is breaking into creating some things that are just good fun. We have new equipment and we have new ambitions. This month of songs is just a good water mark of what we are capable of creating within set limits, and so far it has been in a lot of peoples opinions a bit of success, albeit still fledgling. The work put into songs for the output are pretty much a full on 100% gain in efficiency. A full lyrical set, and a full guitar set, and a full drum set, and coming soon full bass set. I would say we have a lot of work. I'm not kidding! A LOT of work to pull together something that will really make the rounds on people's mp3 players with any regularity. But I am confident that we are up to the challenge. I'm running at full speed again after a small break and I will hopefully be bringing this type of energy to the project for years to come.

The guys seem ready to run too, so keep checking back for updates and I will get out 30 songs this month to satisfy my longing to prodigiously generate song ideas. Next month: we get down to business. The first thing on the block is a list of our "top rated" songs with links to the music, then we are taking a poll for your favorites out of the ones we have chosen. Then comes the hard work, but the most rewarding. We will be rewriting lyrics, perhaps adding completely different lyrics, or just rewording things that have not been sitting with us. Polishing up the guitar and drums. Adding live mixes into the fray. Better recordings of words (read: air conditioner off, and use of condenser mic), tighter note control, and quicker changes. Also maybe some YouTube videos of the bunch of us putting together music.

Once we have everything rolled out, I have a secret project that is really (if I finish it) going to a visual experience. I would not expect that for about three months or more.

Again these are grand plans, but the real work has just begun and I am not going to count my chickens before I finish this month. But who ever wants to start running with me, start your engines... this is going to be a hell of a ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment