Monday, March 15, 2010

A little R&R

I took some time tonight to just read and be inspired by music and geniuses of the world. Frankly, I was just empty tonight in a wonderful but odd way. I wanted to write a song that was 9/8 mixed with 3/4 tonight. I got pretty far, but I was stunted by the recording glitching up a lot and the composition. I had a sound in my head, but the actual recording was not right, and if you did not know what I wanted yet you would be confused by the noises. So I am saving that piece for later until it is better.

I read a bunch of Wikipedia articles tonight too. I am glad to have had this night to work on getting refreshed. Not that my music is draining, but it is nice to take a moment to reset. It has been a heck of a run. From this James Beat 12 to Ghosts it has been quite a bunch of fun. I am very glad to have you all aboard listening.

The future goals for the band are to continue to gather the parts of us that are most sensitive to light and bring them out to examine in the form of music and to present the members of the band with an image that we can face as a real thing instead of a personal clock, ticking slowly down into a moment of depression or loss.

There are a few additions to the mix coming soon I hope. I am not committing them yet, but they are peeking over the horizon. Just over it, like jumping fish. Jumping fish catching damselflies.

If you have not heard we are currently searchable on iTunes. That is a lot of fun.

Enjoy your night!

No comments:

Post a Comment